Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010


The “Hook” “Double Helix” by Nancy Werlin

Eli,

It’s clear to me that you’ve gotten to know Quincy Wyatt and that your new job is with Wyatt Transgenics. I don’t want to know the details of how that happened. I don’t care. I simply ask you not to take the job. In fact, I ask you not to let this man to be in your life in any way.
I can’t tell you why, Eli. But I am begging you to do what I ask, and to do it immediately and without question.

Love, Dad


... Then I blurted, “But I have to ask questions.”
“No,” said my father steadily. “I can’t answer them.
“But if I’m giving up I’m giving up a good job-a job I think I’d really like-“
“Are you giving it up?” interrupted my father.
I shrugged uneasily. “I don’t know. If you would only tell me what you have against him.”
“No.”[Pages 57 and 58]



Recommendation:
If you like suspense, you’ll like this book. Eli Samuels has gotten into a job offered to him by the famous molecular biologist, Dr. Wyatt and he seems to be paying special attention to Eli. Is there a catch?
Eli’s girlfriend doesn’t think so, but his father is highly against his taking of the job and won’t say why. From what Dr. Wyatt has been saying, he knows it has something to do with his mother, who has Huntington’s disease. As Eli continues to work with Dr. Wyatt, he learns why his father hates Dr. Wyatt and what he has been doing. If you want to find out why, read this book.
Recommendation by Eddie Xie

No comments:

Post a Comment