Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ghost Dog Secrets


Hook:
"When I went toward Ra, the Collie's ghost stood and moved away, but Ra stayed where he was... I gently slid my hands down his sides. When my fingers touched his haunch he whimpered. my hand jerked away. 'I'm sorry' I whispered, 'I didn't mean to hurt you.' but someone else had hurt him."(page 55)

"She contacted the person who had filed the complaint and learned that the dog had died the day before. She remembered the incident clearly because the women who called was so upset. She said it was a beautiful Collie, and she blamed herself for not interfering sooner."(page 105)

"We had two messages. While I bit into a piece of cold pizza, I pushed the play button to listen to the messages. The first was mom's dentist's office, reminding her that she had an appointment next week. The second was Mean Man. 'You have my watchdog,' he said, 'and I want him back.' That was all. No phone number, no name, just, 'You have my watchdog and I want him back."(page 115)

Recommendation:
Did you ever do something you thought was right at the time but it turned out to be wrong? Well, Rusty and his friend Andrew find a thin German Shepard chained to a tree with no food or water. They try getting animal control involved. No such luck. Finally they decide to take matters into their own hands, Which lands them in deep waters. A ghost Collie keeps trying to lead Rusty back to Mean Man Myers house. Are there more secrets to be revealed? Find out in ghost Dog Secrets!

WARNING: This book is for people who like mystery and are huge animal lovers like ME!!!!!!!!!!

Book by:Peg Kehret
Blog by:Madison H.
Genre: Realistic Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment