Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Tales of a Fourh Grade Nothing

Tales of a Fourth Grade NothingHook
"I won Dribble at Jimmy Fargo's birthday party.  All the other guys got to take home goldfish in little plastic bags.  I won him because I guessed there were three hundred and forty-eight jelly beans in Mrs. Fargo's jar.  Really, there were four hundred and twenty-three, she told us later.  Still my guess was closet.  'Peter Warren Hatcher is the big winner!'  Mrs. Fargo announced.  At first I felt bad that I didn't get a goldfish, too.  Then Jimmy handed me a glass bowl.  Inside there was some water an three rocks.  A tiny green turtle was sleeping on the biggest rock.  All the other guys looked at their goldfish.  I knew what they were thinking."  (pages 1-2)


Recommendation
Do you have a little brother that causes mischief?  Do you have a pet turtle?  Either way, you would love this book.  It kind of relates to me as well because I have a little brother that causes mischief.  Actually, two.  "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" is about a kid named Peter who doesn't like having a little brother.  He pretty much doesn't want a little brother.  Also, his mom won't let him have a turtle just because she doesn't like the way he smells.  So, basically, Peter doesn't really have a good life, don't you think?  That's not all.  Wait until you see what happens later in the book.  Do you think Peter will get a better life?  Or will it become worse?  Read this book to find out!

Blog By: Logan B.
Book By: Judy Blume
Genre: Realistic Fiction

3 comments:

  1. I-think-you-know-me-quite-wellMay 24, 2012 at 1:09 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nniiccee,nice,NICE

    ReplyDelete