Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dork Diaries

Hook:
 "She took a few sips of her energy drink, stared at me all seriouslike, and whispered 'Sweetie, when life presents you with challenges, you can be either a CHICKEN or a CHAMPION. The choice is YOURS!'
Then she started humming 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' really loud."
(page 43)

"Then, suddenly I had an epiphany and I TOTALLY understood what my grandma meant when she said, 'you can be a CHICKEN or a CHAMPION. The choice is yours.' So I gathered all my strengh and determination, took a deep breath, and musterd the courage to decide right there on the spot which one I was: A BIG FAT CHICKEN!"(47 and 48)


Recommendation:
Are you the new kid in school? Do you have an annoying little sister who is afraid of the tooth fairy? Or a dad who is a extermanator?  Nikki does. She is the new kid, too. She has no friends yet  but she already has a mean girl, Mackenzie.
Mackenzie is always being mean to Nikki, and calling her a dork  because she has a diary.
Nikki refers to Mackenzie as the Fashion Police because she goes around judging girls and of course Nikkis locker is right next to Mackenzie's.


This is a great book for 5th greaders. If you like humor, this could be the book for you. Its not a book for boys because it is about a girl who goes through teen drama like love, loving boys, boys, boys, and even more boys. And...some crazy friends.

Blogged By: Victoria and Stephanie
Book: Dork Diaries
Author: Rachel Renee Russle
Genre: Graphic Novel


8 comments:

  1. This is a nice book.I have read it before and honestly i love it. I think you picked the perfect recomendation for this book. I bet you lots of people are reading this book because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I read this i went straight to the library and I checked it out! it was absolutley amazing and awesome! without you I would have missed out on an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I loved this book to I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was the best book I have ever read in my whole entire life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. iI totally agree with all of you it was so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it love it love it��

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE dork diaries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#dork

    ReplyDelete