Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Harry Potter and The Chamber Of Secrets








"Hook"

"Harry was looking at him through a misted window. But there was no mistaking him- 'Tom-Tom Riddle?' Riddle nodded, not taking his eyes off Harry's face. 'What do you mean she won't wake?' Harry said desperately.'She's not-she's not-?' 'She's still alive,' said Riddle. 'But only just.'...( page 307)

'The diary,'said Riddle.'My diary. Little Ginny's been writing in it for months and months, telling me all her pitiful worries and woes- how her brothers tease her, how she had to come to school with secondhand robes and books, how' -Riddle's eyes glinted- 'how she didn't think famous, good, great, Harry Potter would ever like her.... 'No,' Harry whispered. 'Yes,' said Riddle, calmly. 'Of course, she didn't know what she was doing at first.( pages 309 and 310)

"Dear Tom, he recited, watching Harry's horrified face, 'I think I'm losing my memory. There are rooster feathers all over my robes and I don't know how they got there. Dear Tom, I can't remember what I did on the night of Halloween, but a cat was attacked and I've got paint all down my front. Dear Tom, Percy keeps telling me I'm pale and I'm not myself. I think he suspects me... There was another attack today and I don't know where I was. Tom, what am I going to do? I think I'm going mad... I think I'm the one attacking everyone, Tom! (page 310)

He pulled Harry's wand from his pocket and began to trace it through the air, writing three shimmering words:

                                                    TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE 


Then he waved the wand once, and the letters of his name rearranged themselves....
'You see?' he whispered. (page 314)


"Dobby leaned toward Harry, his eyes wide as headlights. 'Dobby heard tell,' he said hoarsely,'That Harry Potter met the Dark Lord for a second time, just weeks ago...that Harry Potter escaped yet again.' Harry nodded and Dobby's eyes suddenly shone with tears. 'Ah, sir,' he gasped, dabbing his face with a corner of the grubby pillowcase he was wearing. 'Harry Potter is valiant and bold! He has braved so many dangers already! But Dobby has come to protect Harry Potter, to earn him, even if he does have to shut his ears in the oven door later... 'Harry Potter must not go back to Hogwarts!"  (pages 15 and 16)


Recommendation
          Have you ever made a decision that could change your entire life? I know someone who has, Harry Potter. Harry Potter was so excited to be going back to Hogwarts. Until he gets an unexpected visit from Dobby, a house elf. He is here to tell Harry Potter not to go back to Hogwarts, and if he does, disaster will strike.  And strike it does. Will Harry Potter be able to survive attacks, a deadly serpent, an unexpected visitor, and a diary? Or, will he have to surrender everything he's been fighting for, everything that he has grown to love. Will the most unexpected people be in trouble the most? Will Hogwarts have to shut down ...for good? You will have to read this book to find out!

Blog by: Julia C
Book by: J.K. Rowling
Genre: Fantasy

2 comments:

  1. wassup im cheating on a school project on this book i just feel it is to long

    ReplyDelete