Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Among the Hidden


 
 "HOOK"
                             
"There was a law against Luke. not him personally- everyone like him, kids who were born after their parents had already had two babies. Actually Luke didn't know if there was anybody else like him. He wasn't supposed to exist. Maybe he was the only one."(pg.6)

"Luke found out his what mother meant a few days later when he came down for breakfast. As usual, he opened the door from the back stairs to the kitchen only a crack. He could remember barely a handful of times in his entire life when someone had dropped by before breakfast."(pg.20)

"A face. A child's face. In a house where two boys already lived."(pg.41)

Recommendation
 Have you ever had to hide all your life? Have you ever had a law against you? Well I have. My name is Luke. Now I will tell you a story about my life. I have never had a normal life. I've had to hide ever since I was born. I basically live in the attic, which is my bedroom. My family owns a farm and we're losing a lot money. People are making houses behind ours, and now I can't even go outside. I know what your thinking... we used to have some woods in our backyard. But now they took the woods down, and the houses are built, and the Barons are moved in, I can't even be in the same room as an open window! Your lucky you know.You can watch TV and play on the computer. I can't. It's monitored by the Population Police.  Here's my check list.

1. Hide
2. Stay inside
3. Stay away from windows
4. Live in the attic
5. Eat on stairs
6. Run if you go outside
7. Don't make noise if someone is there
8. STAY ALIVE

WARNING: Might be violent near end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Book By: Margaret Peterson Haddix
Blog By: Luke and Jonny
Genre: Mystery / Suspense

1 comment: