Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Percy Jackson


Hook

“I snatched the ballpoint pen out of the air, but when it hit my hand, it wasn’t a pen anymore. It was a sword- Mr. Brunner’s bronze sword, which he always used on tournament day. Mrs. Dodd’s spun toward me with a murderous look in her eyes. My knees were jelly. My hands were shaking so bad I almost dropped the sword. She snarled, “Die, honey!” And flew straight at me. Absolute terror ran through my body. I did the only thing that came naturally: I swung the sword.”         Page 13

 

 

Recommendation
Have you ever been in a confusing situation that’s dangerous? If not, this book describes it greatly. Percy Jackson is about to get kicked out of boarding school . . . again. And that’s the last of his troubles. Lately it seems to him as the Greek mythological creatures in his textbook are jumping into his life. Zeus’s lightning bolt has been stolen and Percy is the prime suspect. Now Percy and his friends have 10 days to return the lightning bolt and bring peace to mount Olympus. But to succeed in his quest he must do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with his father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves. Read this book to find out what happens next.


By: Drew Bullock
Author: Rick Riordan
Genre: Fiction


No comments:

Post a Comment