Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010


The Kingfisher Book Of Family Poems
Selected by Belinda Hollyer

The Hook
"Glory Glory…
Across Grandmother’s knees
A kindly Sun
Laid a yellow quilt" (Page 127)
- Raymond M. Patterson




"Teased
Sometimes
When I’m teased
I don’t cry
I go away.
When I come back
My brother and his friends
Are doing something else
I remember
They forget" (Page 179)
- Richard J. Margolis




The Recommendation
Do you think poems can express anything?
This delightful collection captures the everyday comedy, cuddles and catastrophes that make up family life. Poems come in all shapes and sizes. Poems can have so much but mean so little. Poems can have so little but mean so much. Poems can be anything, really. If you love poems than this is the book for you.



Recommended By: Sydney Manng

1 comment: