Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Zach's Lie


Zach’s Lie
By: Roland Smith

“The Hook”

November 18th
Dear Journal,
It’s hard adjusting to Elko. Especially with a new name. Luckily I haven’t slipped up yet. I met this new girl named Caitlin. I also met a boy named Peter Short. Lets just say things didn’t go well. Mom book store is coming along goods far. Joanne, I mean Wanda is planning to try out for her high school play, I hope she gets the lead, not only because it will make her happy, but maybe she’ll stop singing show tunes at 6:00 A.M. in the morning! That’s all for now
Jack, wait, I mean Zach.


November 22nd
Dear Journal,
Things are starting to get a little easier for me in school. I’ve made a couple friends and at my new school, Elko Middle School all of the teachers, well most of the teachers are nice! Sam the school janitor happens to be my first and only friend. He’s nice but a little strange. Peter’s black eye is starting to heal and I think he is planning some weird revenge. But I ‘m not worried, I’ve got bigger problems to handle. –Zach, finally got that name down!

“Recommendation”
In this super suspense novel, a boy named Jack and his family the Osbornes go through an amazing adventure you’ll love! In the beginning mysterious men break into the Osbornes house and threaten to come back if word is spread about anything. Jack finds out that his Dad, Mr. Osborne has been secretly working as an illegal pilot for a drug cartel. Featuring familiar faces of the men who had broke into their house. The family is beyond upset about the secret he was hiding."It would get us all out of trouble if you knew!” He tried to explain. His words meant nothing. Mr.Osbrone was discovered and sent to jail. The D.E.A. (Drug Enforcement Agency) interviewer interviewed Mr. Osborne soon after he was sent to jail. He refuses to tell them anything about the other man considering he has been receiving death threats for him and his family from Alonzo, the head of the drug cartel. This awful situation forces the Osbornes to join the witness protection agency and change their eye color, hair color, home everything is different. But can the family hold back long enough to save their Father? You’ll have to read to find out.
  I recomend this book to all 5th graders and higher who like making inferences and love adventurous books. This book will make you not want to stop reading.
Recommend By: Sydney Manning, Allison Jerome and Sarah Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment