Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Drums,Girls and dangerous pie




"The Hook"

"Jeffery came running into my room the sun wasn't even out yet. I was in a deep slumber and bam i am up. Jeffery what do you want. I want mudmeal,what is mudmeal. I need some mudmeal. OK, lets go. I went downstairs and put my brother in the high wooden chair in the kitchen. I turn around to make the oatmeal. Then I hear a wake Jeffery is on the floor his nose is bleedingA LOT. Mom and Dad come running down. I need to take Jeffery to the ER, why mom...

It's been a long night and I NEED sleep. I will tell you in the morning. I Mom I want to know now. Good night Steven.


Mom it's morning, I want to know NOW. Please I WANT TO KNOW. Fine Steven I will tell you. Jeffery has had cancer for a long time now. That is why his 'parts' hurt for a long time. How did he get cancer. Will he didn't tell me exactly." (Ch.1)


Recommendation

Know someone who has cancer? Well than you know what happens. In this book Steven has a hard time adjusting to the fact that his brother has cancer. Steven stops doing his homework, tunes everyone that loves out. He is about to fail the 8Th grade. On top of that he is in a all city band group. Does he have to give up all city ,does Jeffery live? Read the book to find out.
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM A FIFTH GRADERS LIFE. READ AT OWN RISK

1 comment: