Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

All The Lovely Bad Ones


Hook
“ It wasn’t curtains that trapped me. It was Miss.Ada’s dress. Shaking with fear, I staggered backward, trying to free myself, but the more I struggled, the tighter the dress wrapped around me. Nearby, Corey cried out in fear. I felt her lunging, twisting, and turning, but she couldn’t escape, either. Miss. Ada’s bony hands clutched us, numbing us with coldness. Limp with fear, we gave up and stumbled to the ground. If she hadn’t held us so tightly, we would have fallen to the ground at her feet. Released from the tatters of her dress, we stared into her face, little more than a skull, its eyes as dark as her grave. My book she said, give me my book”. (Page 164)

Recommendation
Have you ever felt like someone is watching you? I know Travis and Corey have. In this book the kids go to their grandma’s inn and they discover ghosts that are out to get them. The ghosts are called The Lovely Bad Ones. In the middle of the night Travis’s room gets destroyed all by a ghost named Miss. Ada. She is the meanest ghost of all. When the kids got to the inn they knew something would go wrong. Then they meet Seth, Caleb, Ira and the shadow children. They are also ghosts. When the kids meet Miss. Ada., Caleb, Seth and Ira they tell Travis and Corey they need to do three steps to be free of the Lovely Bad Ones.
To Do:
1. Get proper headstones for all the ghosts
2. Destroy the account book
3. Get rid of Miss. Ada
So if you like scary go read books by Mary Downing Hahn NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy.

By: Maddison P.

1 comment:

  1. Maddie you did an excellent job on your blog. I liked how you gave the three things that Corey and Travis had to do to be free of the ghosts. You did a great job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete