Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lynn Visible




“The hook”
“And suddenly I felt inspired. I would make something that called out to me. I grinned as I thought of Jacob at his locker talking about his shoes. Ok I would too make shoes that called out my name. I turned on my iPod and went to fashion inspiration music. I went into my closet and pulled out a pair of white pumps and a pair of tan wedge shoes. They looked boring, but not for long! I took the heel off the white pumps and detached the wedge off the other shoes. I liked the look so far-a chunky wedge base yet a delicate top. A high heel but not too high. They needed some more… I went into my closet to look around. I looked at my college of pictures on my inspiration wall. Something caught my eye. I took some things off my wall. I scanned them into my computer, shrunk them until they were tiny, and printed them out. I got some of my fashion magazines and cut out the words TRUTH. REAL. ORIGINAL. Then I dug around in a box and found some sequins and attached those too. Then I went into my closet and pulled out my box of craft supplies. I grabbed some glue and carefully decorated the shoes with the tiny pictures.” (p.67)

Recommendation
Has some one ever made fun of the way you dress or the way you express yourself? If so this is the book for you. In this book, Lynn Vincent has her own creative style. Until one day when she decides that she wants to try out for a fashion show. Then she realizes that it doesn’t matter how you dress. She also realizes something else. But you can find that out! Read Lynn Visible to find out the rest of Lynn’s exciting story!
(I recommend this book to girls only!)
By: Allison J.

No comments:

Post a Comment