Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Red Kayak




HOOK
“Dad,’ I said soberly. ‘If I were to ask you to do something really strange, but I said it was the most important thing in the whole world to me, would you do it?’ ‘My father kind of chuckled and said, ‘It depends if it’s legal or not, I guess. I had to grin.’ It’s legal. ‘Then-yeah sure. ‘He brought his arms down and sat up. ‘If it was really important to you, son.’ Then grin slid off my face. ‘Then I need to ask you.’ Dad leaned forward, listening. I hesitated because I knew that once I said something, I could never take it back. And that everything- and everyone-will be changed by it.” (Beginning page- A Powerful Secret)

Recommendation
Have you ever felt like you did the wrong thing- when it really was the best thing for you and everyone? Well, Brady Parks feels that way too. He lives in Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay. He and his friends love to explore the waters and go crabbing when the ocean is blue. But tragedy strikes him and everyone when the most deadliest of secrets are revealed. Read this book and it will take you on a journey with life, death and what really matters in the end.
WARNING: Some material not suitable for kids under the age of ten. Some mild language.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!
Blog by: Maddy Smith
Book by: Priscilla Cummings

1 comment: