Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lightning Thief




The Hook

“My mother sprang out of bed in her nightgown and threw open the lock. Grover stood framed against the backdrop of pouring rain. But he wasn't… He wasn't exactly Grover. ‘Searching all night’ he gasped. ‘What were you thinking? My mother looked at me in terror – Not scared of Grover but why he’d come. ‘Percy,’ she said, shouting to be heard over the rain. ‘What happened at school?’ ‘What didn’t you tell me?” (page 42)

“You’re wounded,’ Annabeth told me. ‘Quick, Percy.’ ‘Get in the water.’ ‘I’m okay.’ ‘No you’re not.’ She said. ‘Chiron watch this.’ I was too tired to argue. I stepped back into the creek, the whole camp gathering around me. Instantly, I felt better… ‘It is determined,’ Chiron announced. All around me campers started kneeling, even the Ares cabin, though they didn’t look happy about it. ‘My father? I asked completely bewildered. ‘ Poseidon’ said Chiron. ‘Earth shaker, storm bringer , father of horses. ’Hail, Perseus Jackson , son of the Sea God.”(pages 125 and 126)

“A horrible feeling struck me. The weight in my back pack, like a bowling ball. It couldn’t be… I slung it off my shoulder and unzipped it. Inside was a two- foot-long metal cylinder, spiked on both ends, humming with energy."(page 314)

Recommendation

Do you like Greek Mythology, adventure, and a little humor? If so, pick up this book and start reading! Young Percy is convicted of a crime that he may not have committed. Percy started as a normal boy, but when he lands in Camp Half Blood, he's faced with a dangerous quest. He must return the "master bolt" to Zeus before the summer solstice. The Sea God's son must complete the quest, or die trying. Will this normal boy be able to return the bolt and save the world?
WARNING: This book contains a lot of graphic violence!

Book by: Rick Riordan
Blog by: Madison H.
Genre: Fantasy

1 comment:

  1. I read that book,got hooked up with it.I guarantee,all these words are true.

    ReplyDelete